This policy is effective from 08/07/2021
1. Investors in Excellence Limited (IiE) and Investors in Excellence Training Limited are committed to protecting and respecting personal information.
2. Data Controller:
If you visit our website, are a former or current member of staff, are a customer or a supplier then we are a Data Controller. Our registered address is Empress House, 43a Binley Road, Coventry, CV3 1HU and our registration numbers with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) are:
Investors in Excellence Limited – Z1997456
Investors in Excellence Training Limited – ZB193396
If you are a student and have been referred to us by a college, university or your employer, then we are a Data Processor. If you have a concern or a query on how your data is managed, we would ask that in the first instance you contact the provider that engaged us.
3. How do we obtain your data?
We may obtain your personal data in a number of ways:
• From inbound enquiries to email@example.com and other email addresses such as the individual email accounts of IiE employees
• From inbound phone calls where we see the incoming phone number and you pass us information verbally
• From data you supply while we are working together during commissioned projects, or during new business activities and the act of commissioning new work
• From networking activities and events, for example exchanging business cards or connecting on LinkedIn
• From recommendations or references about you from others
• From recruitment activities, including inbound CV submissions and employee onboarding
• From website analytics
• From you signing up to our mailing list via our website or social media pages
• From contact from and conversations with our suppliers
• Via referrals from our partners. If you engage with us via our partners in Latvia, we will process the data provided by them to support the certification process. In the event that you have a query with how your data is processed, please contact them in the first instance “Latvia Excellence” SIA Reģ. Nr. 40003812901 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +371 26588666
Any information you give us should be accurate, and if you are supplying anyone else’s data, you must ensure that you have the authority and legal basis to do so.
4. What we collect
As a business contact of IiE (an existing or new contact or client), we may collect the following information:
• your name, job title, organisation, business address, business contact details – email and/or phone number
• We may also record the business sector or department in which you operate
• Information to support our financial process e.g., the issuing and payment of invoices
• We will also retain details of your purchases with IiE and any interactions with us
• For example, we may collect notes from our conversations or meetings with you
• If you are engaging with us via West Yorkshire College Consortium, the information we are required to collect is described and requested on the Participant Record Form. Any sensitive data you do not wish to complete or disclose can be declined.
5. What we do with the information we gather
Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to anyone outside of Investors in Excellence Limited, Investors in Excellence Training Limited or Investors in Excellence appointed suppliers, without obtaining your prior consent – unless we are required to do so by law.
For our general day to day data processing activities, we use third party organisations (also called sub processors) to help us administer and monitor the services we provide:
• for the provision of software services to enable the management of our customers, suppliers, staff and office administration
• for payroll and financial accounting
• to share newsletters, promotional detail, industry news or other information that maybe of interest to you
• to help us improve our services
• for the administration of our website and customer interactions
• for any legal guidance in the provision of our services
For full details of the third-party suppliers we use, please contact us at the address below
- West Yorkshire College Consortium (WYCC)
If you were eligible for some of your course fees to be funded by WYCC, we will pass them appropriate details to enable this application. We will only do this with your consent. (For clarity, this funding closed 31st December 2021)
Further details on their privacy obligations can be found at:
Microsoft Word – WYCC GDPR Privacy Notice v8 (westyorkshirecolleges.co.uk)
6. Data retention
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If you would like further information on the retention periods, then please contact us at email@example.com
7. The legal bases we rely on
In accordance with the law on data protection, we collect and process your personal data on the following legal bases:
Where we collect and process your data with your consent. This could be the use of photographs for promotional purposes
We will hold information about you to enable us to enter into a contract (for example, contact information), or where we require information to fulfil a contract (for example, email address for invoicing). Our terms of business are available from our website at Performance Improvement Specialists – Investors in Excellence or via our office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we are required by law to hold information for example, in line with regulations from HMRC or to meet our obligations as an employer e.g. Right to Work evidence.
• Legitimate Interest
From time to time, we may process your information as part of the day to day running of our companies. It is in our interests to ensure that our processes and systems operate effectively in order that we can continue the high quality of service to you.
This may include processing your information to:
• Monitor, maintain and improve internal business processes. We seek to improve the quality of service to you.
• To perform credit assessments
• To send you news updates
We may send you marketing emails, letting you know about our news, offers, events and new services that we think may be of interest to you. However, we understand that needs and requirements may change, and you may opt out at a later date by writing to us at email@example.com or by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ in the email link. We will not send you information if you’ve asked us not to. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
9. Is any of my data sent outside of the EU?
Yes. Wherever possible we select data centres and partners in the UK and the EU, however some data is stored in the US and Canada. We have listed these suppliers below.
Purpose of processing – Accounting
Further info – Privacy notice
Hubspot (EEA & US)
Purpose of processing – CRM
Thinkific (Canada – British Columbia)
Purpose of processing – Learning Management System
Further info – Data Processing Addendum
10. Controlling your personal information
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
• That we erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing email@example.com
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
11. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but should you wish to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into and respond to all complaints we receive. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) (the UK data protection regulator). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.